OBF on State of Ohio Traffic Safety Council
OBF Chair Chuck Smith was named in October, 2020 to the Ohio Governor's Traffic Safety Council. He serves on the Distracted Driving Committee within the Ohio Traffic Safety Council
Cycling Safely and Efficiently
(The following have been contributed by former OBF board member Fred Oswald)
- Cycling Information includes links to safety articles, children's programs, and a list of Ohio's certified "Bike Ed" instructors.
- Digest of Ohio Bicycle Traffic Laws (compiled by OBF members) contains excerpts from Ohio traffic laws and what they mean for cyclists.
- Ideas for Teaching Cycling to Children is a compilation of ideas and resources for teaching children (and their parents) good cycling techniques.
- Bicycle Safety Hang Cards print on light cardboard to make safety handouts. Give to bike shops for hanging from new bikes, or use as safety reminder. Both adult and parent's versions.
- “Cycling Shorts”—Short Bicycle Education Messages. This page has several short messages intended for newspapers, news releases, etc. Some are intended for cyclists, others for parents or for motorists who share the road with cyclists.
Other bicycle safety resources
The web travel site “TripBuzz
” has an informative page about bike safety. (Kathleen, 4/9/14)
has created an informative set of cycling videos:
Reporting malfunctioning traffic signals
If you do not have contact information for the jurisdiction controlling malfunctioning traffic lights, call 614-387-0722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to report the location and they'll inform the responsible city/county and recommend increasing the sensitivity and/or installing symbols where to place the bicycle to trigger the detector. (3/1/13)